Peanut butter cookies are a pantry staple, they are needed at all times! Traditionally peanut butter cookies are packed with sugar, flour, butter, and eggs which tend to be big allergens in today’s society. By eliminating all of the big allergens it helps to decrease inflammation in the body — this will leave you to feel better than ever and then give you the ability to eat like 10 of the cookies without feeling guilty or getting a tummy ache (best of both worlds😉). These cookies include 5 simple and healthy ingredients, which make it easy to whip up a batch when you are feeling that sweet tooth come on!
These cookies are:
- ½ C natural peanut butter
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ⅔ C almond flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Sprinkle of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, vanilla, and maple syrup -- stir until incorporated
- Add almond flour and baking powder and stir until forms a dough (try to not over mix)
- Roll into small balls (1-2 inch round)
- Flatten with a fork (press once and then rotate the fork 90° and press again to make a grid appearance)
- Bake for 10 mins -- until golden brown
- Sprinkle with salt after removing from the oven
- Let cook for 10 mins before enjoying!