After learning about all the toxic chemicals that are found in the beauty products we apply to our bodies every single day, I knew it was time to make a change! There are so many additives in these products and they are very harmful to the body and our overall health. If you want to learn more about some of the key players check out my post about the toxic twelve! After realizing how much crap is in several beauty products I decided from now on homemade was the only way to go!!! This simple recipe uses soothing rose water and is so much more satisfying when you can create your own cleaning products.
- Witch hazel — has astringent qualities allowing it to tighten the skin, and also reduce redness, swelling + inflammation (making it great for all types of skin and skin conditions).
- Aloe vera — contains vitamin C, E, and zinc that are great for wound healing and soothing the skin. Can also help to regenerate connective tissue.
- Rose — has anti-inflammatory and pH balancing properties towards the skin. Helps to sooth skin, reduced redness and prevent skin aging.
- Lavender — has anti-septic actions to help remove any unnecessary bacteria, dirt or oils from the face.
- Lemon — has astringent and detoxifying properties for the skin. Helps reduce pores and decrease oil from the skin.
Rose Water + Aloe Toner
- 3/4 C (180mL) witch hazel
- 2 tbsp (30mL) rose water
- 2 tbsp (30mL) aloe vera juice
- 8 drops lemon essential oil
- 8 drops lavender essential oil
- Combine all ingredients into a 250mL shaker bottle and apply a few spritz into the face when desired (shake before using).