Zaaaaa! 🍕🍕🍕 Raise your hands if you think pizza should be its own food group!? Pizza has got the image of not being very healthy as it is loaded with ewwie-goowie cheese and all the toppings but that ain’t true! Pizza can be nutritious and delicious if you make it from scratch! And I know you’re like “Brit that sounds like soooo much work” but let me tell ya it’s actually so simple and so much better! Plus if you are gluten and dairy free like me finding a pizza that has both can be quite a challenge so making it at home is the perfect solution!
In 4 easy steps, you can have a gluten-free pizza crust that is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside (just like the good ‘ol gluten-filled stuff!).
- Prep the yeast
- Add the flour
- Knead the dough
- Let ‘er rise!
- 1 C warm water
- 1 pack (2 + ¼ tsp) active dry yeast
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 C all purpose gluten free flour blend
- 1 tsp salt
- Place the warm water + yeast + brown sugar in a bowl and let sit for 5 mins
- Add the flour + stir until it forms a ball
- On a floured surface knead the dough until it comes together in a nice ball (2-5 mins)
- Put a bit of oil in the bottom of the bowl and place the dough back in + let sit for 30 mins - 1 hour
- After dough has risen, knead again
- Roll into the desired size
- Add all topping
- Cook at 400°C for 20 mins